That's right. As if one Thanksgiving meal weren't tasty enough, I'll be attending two tomorrow. (Ah, the good fortune of living just miles away from one's parents and in-laws.)
A few things I'm thankful for?
1. Curt. There isn't a better husband out there. Sorry--I married The Winner.
2. Amazing health. Both mind and body.
3. Learning to live with less--and being happy about it. It's a daily struggle for me to rid myself of Things, but I'm trying. (Sure, I could practice a little more discipline in the knitting department, but let's not split hairs here....)
4. A toasty pellet stove to knit in front of all winter long. The fuel is paid for, and it's in the basement.
5. A job. Not just a job, but a meaningful lifestyle that offers so much more than corporate benefits and pension packages. (Yarn is a pretty fabulous perk, no matter how you slice it.)
And of course, my friends. There's nothing like a conversation with a long-lost friend to put things in perspective. To those of you who may have thought I've checked out, I haven't. I miss you and love you and think about you all the time. (Yeah, I'm talking to you.)
Happy T-Day, y'all. Get your knit on.