Things that make most excellent Mondays:
1. Breakfast. Most specifically, breakfast with out-of-town friends who love both knitting and decadent pastries.
2. Packages. Most specifically, packages containing luxurious spinning fibers (alpaca, silk, cashmere, et. al.) and a new album to add to the trans-ambient industrial rock music collection.
(Notice that both the rainbow-dyed roving and this Radiohead album showed up in my P.O. box on the same day. If that's not a sign from the Universe, I don't know what is.)
3. Phone calls from dads. Most specifically, dads that begin conversations with the phrase, "What it be like?" (If you know Jer, I know you can picture this.)
4. More packages. Most specifically, a heads up that a big, big box of buttery soft wool (20 colors of Merino worsted) is making its long-awaited trek to Michigan!
5. And, well, having a very, very good day. Most specifically, a very, very good day filled with iced tea, phone calls, mail orders, iced tea, happy customers, chocolate, yarn, iced tea, newspaper interviews, ringing cash register, more yarn, did I say iced tea...?